An empathy map & value vs. feasibility grid was also used in prioritization. Since the experience involves the therapist & the client, we needed to create the software to cater to both with different goals.
Therapist goal: reduce drop-out rates
Client goal: stick to therapy
The primary solution was to use 3 main features: session summary, homework, & resources to reach their goals.
A “take action” & “feedback” looped after each session with the final question, “how do we continue the engagement relationship?”
Now a part of Communitech, We found opportunities in streamlining the administrative tasks for the therapists as a value proposition for the business after usability testing, which repositioned the product.
The outcome of the web software was based on features or pain points discovered through contextual research & defining hypothesis of user scenarios. I observed how therapists operate in clinics & how they currently achieve their goals. By creating a software to engage clients and therapists when clients go home, they realize their own potential to control their own mental health.
Sensitivity & privacy was our biggest challenge. We built encrypted security measures into the software to earn user trust. This software should integrate naturally into the way therapists already operate & reduce steps in administrative & client retention.
Currently, therapists use Google Docs, Microsoft Office, & various forms of note taking methods. The ability to do all administrative management, client information & communication on one platform was the goal but details was vital. Special attention was spent on the details like how page transitions, alignment, content relationship, & stacking cards to ensure a smooth flow. New functionality was introduced to improve user expectations. Prototyping was important to determine the information stored on the software, interactions were designed on the behaviour of elements such as scrolling, shadows, & typography.
The intro video was created using storyboarding, then illustrating the individual frames using Adobe Illustrator & edited the animation through Adobe After Effects.